..."ARTC's corporate charter is to:
In short I think ARTC needs - at very least - to be given a slightly different charter: to either more aggressively go about recovering it's own costs - or perhaps a charter more focused on maximising ultilisation rather than just providing a level playing field.
- Provide seamless and efficient access to users of the interstate rail network;
- Pursue a growth strategy for interstate rail through improved efficiency and competitiveness;
- Improve interstate rail infrastructure through better asset management and coordination of capital investment;
- Encourage uniformity in access, technical, operating and safe working procedures; and
- Operate the business on commercially sound principles"
I don't believe the charter precludes that. Passenger Priority is a different matter !
It will be telling to see now the current TfNSW Access review will turn out. ARTC, the Feds and various operators have made submissions.