I am new to this forum, so please don't grill me with your criticism.
However, I am open to corrections.
I have some questions regarding the Sydney Trains network.
1. How does one figure out which type of train, and which set is operating particular services?
I am on a quest to travel on as many S and K Sets as I can, confined to the Northern Line.
I have read forum posts where people are very knowledgable about the "run number", set type and particular set in question.
In particular, I am yet to, and am trying to get a trip on S111. I have a whole evening tomorrow (Friday 13th September) to do so.
I have figured out the way to find out when S Sets are running, by using TripView's service information, and picking out the non air conditioned services.
2. Late on Friday and Saturday nights, why does a C set stop on Platform 3 at Rhodes and turn back around towards Strathfield?
3. Why do C Sets operate occasional Northern Line and North Shore/Western Line services?
4. Do L and R sets still operate on the network? (L's on Carlingford)
5. Do V sets ever run on the South Coast line?
6. A few years ago, train drivers used to sound the horn when leaving stations.
Recently, it occurred to me that the drivers no longer do that. Why?