Weekend progress (Feb 22/23,'14) will likely not be readily visible from the train:
- the 'Down/Up Trailing CO' (northern end of Glenfield station) OHW finished by Monday 24th, to complete OHW except at the northern flyover exit,
- the track grinder was noted at work making passes across the top of the northern flyover,
- 1500v feeder cables for the southern flyover ramps were installed on a portal mast south of the station (but may not be finally connected until Leppington line is ready),
- a group of workmen were testing points for local air operation in vincinity of the old relay building,
- a group of workmen appeared to be installing cabling for P4 TDI's (southern end),
- some ballast sweeping in vicinity of the old relay building adjacent crossovers.
Based on the Liverpool P4 cut-in, watch for news in March(?) Weekly Notices for activation date of new signal system, P4 and local crossovers.
PS It obviously wasn't the last rail shutdown-weekend, but the last is another one closer.