The long-range trackwork calendar shows buses:
Aug 9-10 Glenfield to Granville
Aug 16-17 Full Glenfield shutdown
Sep 20-21 Glenfield to Granville
Oct 18-19 Full Glenfield shutdown (Commission Leppington Branch for staff training)
'Glenfield to Granville' suggests trains will operate to East Hills (AFAICT), likely using their normal P1/P4 platforms.
Any 'Granville' services from Campbelltown could arrive on P2, then shunt ahead and set back into P3 for the return to Campbelltown. This would leave the Dn and Up Main largely free north of Glenfield for whatever activities that could be attended.
Of the 'known' work remainng in the Glenfield environs:
- Remove signal bases
- Remove 3 crossover OHW (And any redundant masts?)
- Remove 3 crossovers
- Remove remains of DN->EHUP 41 points
- Complete 1500v feeders to Leppington Dn/Up Ramps (SFO)
- Complete 1500v OHW through the freeway tunnel (Any chance it's too small for OHW?)
- Test local Glenfield->Leppington signals & ITS.
- Test signals out to Rossmore Yard and back.
At last look there were a number of concrete sleepers stacked next to the NFO. If it stays a storage area, the short piece of old EHUP could be a siding. OR it could be a put into the EHDN (has larger radius), leaving a disused piece of track next to the support depot? There may also be some value to changing the portal masts to single masts for the (lone) EHDN track.