I'm going to go to Sydney for 12 hours next Thursday, mostly because I want to see the railway lines over there, but I would like to also get some help regarding this.
1. How does Opal work exactly? Do you pay for all your trips until you reach a daily cap, and then it's mostly free? For the record, I have checked the website and I'm still pretty confused.
2. Also on the website, it said that you can't use Opal in certain buses in the outer suburbs, can someone tell me which of these exactly?
3. Weirdly enough, I'm more interested in suburban Sydney, rather then it's landmarks and beaches (I know, its crazy), Can someone recommend some trains lines and suburbs I should go to? Currently I'm planning on using the Carlingford line and seeing Paramatta, what else would nice to travel on/to?
4. As i'm certain that day is a typical weekday (minus school holidays of course) I would assume that the evening peak might raise a few problems, which buses/trains should I avoid in particular during this time?
5. Could anyone recommend some other forums where I can find info on Sydney?
Answers greatly appreciated.