Feel free to add your valuable and welcome comments here:
Also bear in mind, we have a Labor government in Victoria, which already has many runs on the board regards PT infrastructure.
As a PT advocate, I know which side my bread is buttered...have you seen the works at Ballan and the Ballarat line in general lately
We also recall the malaise stricken Baillieu/Napthine, single term government in Victoria which preceded the Andrews government and I empathise with your living under a similar administration in SA.
Mike.But does your precious govt has as many runs on the board as the one north of the Murray?
Yes the works on the Ballarat line are great, finally removing a 8km detour passing loop.
The previous administration in SA left them with the highest power prices in the world and thats when the lights were actually on. However your administration has successfully taken Vic from the lowest wholesale power prices to even higher than SA. So the last thing Don wants is more of the same in a tit for tat exercise on who can drive power prices the highest.
I think you've been out in that Arabian heat for too long Shane...
Already, the scope....read budget$ for the new regional trains in NSW is being reduced...I again on the form of conservative governments....rest my case.
Oh dear Mike, you want to go down this path. I think you banged your head on the roof of your mini over the bumpy Vic rural road network, but thats another story.
I think Sim's highlighted well enough the commitment and money spent by the NSW govt for the last 8 years, more than Quad spent by the previous govt over 11 years and more than the rest of the country combined for alot longer on all passenger rail.
What ever NSW Govt has or hasn't done regarding regional rail and I've yet to see where someone actually knows beyond a interpretation of govt press releases which we all know regardless of the party in power usually has alot of fluff that lacks detailed assessment.
- The XPT's will be replaced, this despite the doom and gloomers here for years even under ALP govt predicting busitution
- Much of the XPL if not all of the XPL services will also be replaced despite the XPL's still not due to retire.
- The displaced XPL's will no doubt be relocated to commuter services as END cars.
- Replacement of the END and potentially Hunter fleets by the end of the 2020's with additional CAF orders.
or something very close to this. Maybe some CAF's will find their way into busier commuter services early on, who knows.
I think this was the most common sense approach and what most of the non-dreamers expected or are expected.
Now back to the Great South People's Republic.
- ALP said they would reopen the South Gippsland Railway, still waiting 20 years later
- The Murray Lander not much better.
- Regional Victorians are still travelling in rolling stock made before I was born
- Interurban Commuter trains in Vic still single car DMU's?
- Single track still the mainstay of many services?
- How far does the wires extend from Mel?
- Hows the train to the airport going, or do you need the rest of the country to pay for it, like the Geelong sparking?
Mike, we can quote the political crap in a tit for tat exercise all day long if you want, my point is this isn't an election campaign, why do we need to turn it into one? Yes I'd rather hear about the likes of the Ballarat line upgrade etc etc