- Warrnambool - Ave now 3 hrs 26 mins (6 mins longer than 1995) owing to extra stops at Sth Geelong, Nth Geelong, Lara & Sherwood Park .
(CRosses deleted beyond Geelong have also covered for the extra stops.)
- Ararat - Ave now 2 hrs 25 Dn and 2 hrs 10 Up. Generally 30 faster owing to RFR (Ballarat - Melbourne) and 130 kmh running (Ballarat - Ararat).
- Swan Hill - Ave now 4 hrs 15 Dn 4 hrs 10 Up. 5 longer than before owing to extra stops at Woodend & Gisborne.
- Echuca - Ave now 3 hrs 20 mins accout extra stops between Bendigo - Melbourne.
- Shepparton - 2 hrs 30 mins Dn 2 hrs 25 Up. 10 mins longer on down and 5 longer on Up owing to extra stops between Seymour and Melbourne.
- Albury - 3 hrs 40 Dn 3 hrs 45 Up . No change.
(Although extra stops added to WD midday Up & Dn beyond Seymour.)
- Bairnsdale - 3 hrs 55 Dn 3 hrs 40 Up . 5 longer on Dn
No change on Up. Extra stops at Garfield & Drouin.
Service frequency pluses : (one way trips per week)
- Warrnambool - now has Sunday am Dn & Up as extras. (+2)
- Ararat - has Midday Up & Dn extra on WD & second return service on Sundays. (+12)
- Swan Hill - now has second return service 7 days a week. (+ 14)
- Echuca - now extra return trip WD, 2 extra return trips on sat, and 1 extra return trip on Sun. ( + 16)
- Albury - same number of services as 1995. (No change).
(On completion Craigieburn electrification to get extra midday Up & Dn Sat, plus midday Dn Sun. ( + 3 to come).
- Shepparton - has extra midday Up & Dns on WD. ( + 10)
(On completion Craigiebiurn electrification to get extra Sunday am Up & Dn trips. ( + further 2 to come).
- Bairnsdale - has extra midday Dn and PM Up on Mon - Sat; and early Sunday PM Up altered to Sunday am Up. ( + 12 ). (Extra Bairnsdale trips are extensions of former Sale trips.)
Total extra Inter City trips + 66 (+ 5 more later in 2007) = 71 per week.