To keep the thread on track, we've come up with a few simple rules that I ask you to abide by, to both make it easier to sort through and keep track of what is still available. Please be aware this list is not meant to be definitive and may be altered as time goes by and we take on board criticism from members.
I hope this is what you've all been looking for and if you've any feedback, feel free to PM me, or lodge a ticket (when the system is back online.)
Rules for this thread.
1. Items advertised must be model railway specific. No advertising your car, boat, house, plane or anything like that, unless it can be used as scenery on your layout.
2. Items must be listed with the following information. Gauge, manufacturer, model, asking price, other information as appropriate and a request for all communication to go via PM, to avoid clogging up the thread.
3. No commercial advertising is permitted without authorisation. Those who advertise currently, and you know who you are, are fine to continue in the new thread.
4. You are to remove your posts after the item is sold, or, alternatively, edit your post to clearly indicate that the item has been sold or is no longer available. (I personally think it may be a good idea to leave the ads in place, but with a SOLD header, to show what kinds of prices different items are going for.)
5. Items may be concurrently advertised on RP and Ebay. It would be good form to advertise it on RP first, and if it doesn't sell, then do to Ebay.
6. There will not be a time limit on ads, but use common sense. If it hasn't sold within 6 weeks, odds are it isn't going to on here. Try Ebay.
7. Contact the seller directly by PM - posting your bid in this thread will result in your post being deleted. (Updated 29 sep 2009)
8. Any other post other than a sale item may be deleted as being off topic.
- PM someone with a suggestion or bid or correction. No discussion in the thread please. (Updated 29 sep 2009)
An example ad is listed below:
HO Lima XPT Set - $200.00. Minor scuff marks on the powered power car, none on the trailers or on the trailing power car. Runs well on DC, no lighting fitted. Can post or pickup from Burren Junction staff hut. Any questions, please PM me.
And now the item is sold, so we can delete the post, or leave it and edit it to:
ITEM NOW SOLD
HO Lima XPT Set - $200.00. Minor scuff marks on the powered power car, none on the trailers or on the trailing power car. Runs well on DC, no lighting fitted. Can post or pickup from Burren Junction staff hut. Any questions, please PM me