Blacksmith as i said before does this spell the end of the exhibitions as we know it?
That is the way the world is coming to
1. You don't bring someone home to see your layout as he might steal something
2. or they might case the joint for another time to come back and steal stuff
3 or fall over and sue you
4 or choke on the afternoon tea and die and his relatives sue you etc
5 do not put your layout on a trailer to take to a show as it might come adrift and someone sues you
6 get somone to assist you in displaying your layout and they become injured and sue you for for loss of income
7. model a prototypical railway as they might sue you for using their trademarks and logos without approval
8. be sued my a prototype manufacturer for having a copy of their copyright design running on their layout
9. don't get others to assist in building your layout as they might sue for part ownership based on their work input
10. don't get married and build a layout and then get divorced as she might claim 1/2 layout in settlement
But all this aside most people already are covered by their own public liability insurance anyway so there is not any additional cost except to an UNincorporated group which is dangerous to belong to anyway legally and financially
Pity this occurs as after all one magazine says "Model Railroading is Fun"
The Eternal Pessimist
Edited to correct error