Ok, so ignoring the pushing the station closer to the border bit which I'm sure will erk some, could this however be very practical and cheap option to relocate the station.
They don't say what the plan is but picture this
- Bunning's is about 200m off the mainline and slightly elevated above the line
- The warehouse is at around 70 degree's off the main line, not full right angle.
- So a branch off the main, turning right, then running into the hardware store shed building in a trench say 10m wide from right side of building. Enough for two tracks and servicing facilities.
- The platform height is the warehouse floor.so just need to cut a trench in the floor for the track at the right depth.
- The hardware store is around 140m long (50m wide), so enough room for a 5 car XPL set on platform, buffer at end and you can close the door at night to secure the train.
- On far side of warehouse the trench is made wider for access to water and sewer connections to service the train.
- On entrance side, you have the usual station facilities, coffee shop, checked baggage etc.
- The current outside hardware store customer carepark becomes the Railway station customer car park. just add a drive through option for buses and bus pickup which could be along side the building so use the waiting area inside the building.
- Building provides all round weather protection.
- Just need extraction system suspended from roof above the train for exhaust.