New Latrobe Valley Bus lines Timetable

You must be logged in to reply

Search thread   Image gallery
jordan199 Junior Train Controller

Today, in the Latrobe Valley Express, Latrobe Valley Buslines realesed thier new timetable, to come into effect as of this comming Monday. Listed below is a Scan I've uploaded so that you can see what the timetable has to offer:

It's a good improvement over the old one, but still doesnt meet my needs. I shall post later as I dont have time. But, I just thought I'd post it to let you know what's going on down here in the Latrobe Valley

vlinecars V/Man - "Yeah!"

Isn't it just great! Well, for my needs it is! Especially with ALL of those added Saturday services, and the introduction of Sunday services. It certainly fills the large gaps left in the VLP timetable.

Just a suggestion to Moderators, can this thread be moved to the 'Other Transport' forum, seeing as it relates to buses?

MelbourneCity Chief Commissioner

Hourly frequency between Traralgon and Moe is alright I guess.

How much competition does the bus provide to the trains?

gippslander Chief Commissioner

Hourly frequency between Traralgon and Moe is alright I guess.

How much competition does the bus provide to the trains?

- MelbourneCity

++The bus journey is substantially longer because it calls at a large number of non-rail serviced shopping and service facilities. For point to point journeys between railway stations, the train is a winner every time.

jordan199 Junior Train Controller

It doesnt run until 12 midnight on anydays, so it's no substantially good enough, it should run until 8pm on all week days, except friday when it should run till 12midnight. It really needs to stop at the train stations too because it's loosing out on patronage. For VLine & LVBuslines' to succeed they need to compliment each other. By the busline not stopping at the stations, it's not doing that. The introduction of a Valley nightrider service would be good Smile

vlinecars V/Man - "Yeah!"

It doesnt run until 12 midnight on anydays, so it's no substantially good enough, it should run until 8pm on all week days, except friday when it should run till 12midnight. It really needs to stop at the train stations too because it's loosing out on patronage. For VLine & LVBuslines' to succeed they need to compliment each other. By the busline not stopping at the stations, it's not doing that. The introduction of a Valley nightrider service would be good  Smile

- A user

Yes, I agree with you on those points. If the services complimented each other, and lets say, the Moe bus terminal place be moved from Market Street (near Coles) to Lloyd Street in the grassed reserve area directly next to the station (Melbourne end), it would make it a lot more viable and accessible to residents.

Morwell, its simply a case of going underneath the subway to get to the Commercial Road bus terminal, but LVBL busses should make stops on the highway opposite the Traralgon station, THEN continue on to the Traralgon Plaza.

You must be logged in to reply

Search thread   Image gallery

Display from:   

Don't forget to LIKE us on Facebook at: Railpage Facebook Feed