32 stuck in tunnel - 27/12/2005

tasrail2100 Chief Commissioner

Train 32 (ZP2100,D2020,ZR2101) got stuck in the tunnel tonight, according to the time on my camera it was at 1804 but I think it was closer to 1930.

The pictures really tell the story but on the first attempt they made it for within 10 or so feet of the end but failed to climb the final distance...

The train was then rolled back through the tunnel and about 20-30 minutes after the first attempt the train powered up the hill and in to Rhyndaston where it ground to a halt for a further 5-10 minutes...

Sponsored advertisement

chriswoo Junior Train Controller

Hey Guy's,

Hope all had a good Christmas..

Can someone please tell me where i go looking for the Rhyndaston Tunnel, it obviously near Rhyndaston, but everytime i have gone looking i can't find it...

Can someone give me some directions please. Say from the Rhyndaston Township??

Thank's
Chriswoo.

the Rhyndaston Township??
"chriswoo"

Laughing  http://www.fotolog.com/jrgrenfell/?pid=10477823

Ok seriously though, heading south after you go past the Rhyndaston signs, its the first left.  This means heading north it is you last right.

Once you are on the correct road its probably 50m up the road.  You then must park and fight your way through the scrub and down a fairly steep hill.  This will get you to the northern end of the tunnel.  I am unsure how to get to the southern portal.

Hope this helps.
  chriswoo Junior Train Controller

Thank's Mate...

Most time through there i have my company car and i can imagine the paper work if were to damage it, so i havent looked that hard.

I can't imagine that i'll get lost at Rhyndaston!

And yes sorry about the township thing...the southern midlands council wasted a sign really!

Chriswoo.. Smile

the southern midlands council wasted a sign really!
"chriswoo"

Unfortunately the sign has been vandalised, Rhyndaston has been turned to "stoner"... if only they had driven another 7km they would have found themselves at a place with a similar name and not have had to go to the trouble of painting a sign black.

32 got stuck in the tunnel again last night (20/01), around 2140.  This time the offending locomotive didn't fail until the very end of the tunnel so the remaining units managed to haul the train just north of the portal before shutting down.

I guess those red spots are due to imperfections with the lens?

At around 2153 I gave up any hope of seeing the train so walked back around to my car which was parked in amongst the sidings at Rhyndaston.

By the time I reached the "Laser" the train was just rounding the bend where it stopped just short of level crossing to check water levels.

Rhyndaston, 2200.

After this I gave up and drove home.

Sponsored advertisement

Subscribers: tasrail2100, wurx

Display from:   

Quick Reply

We've disabled Quick Reply for this thread as it was last updated more than six months ago.