Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
Budamar Logistics acquired a 33% stake in rolling stock manufacturer ŽOS Vrútky on September 20, with the aim of securing a stable partner for the maintenance and repair of its wagon fleet. The remaining 67 % is still held by former politician Víťazoslav Móric.
Most of ŽOS Vrútky’s business comes from state-owned train operators. It has 900 employees, and in 2016 recorded a loss of €5m owing to a 62% drop in sales to €44·9m.
Budamar is owned by Claudio Frick of Liechtenstein and Kristen Mikkel Volmer Lind of Denmark. It is the second largest rail freight operator in Slovakia after state-owned ZSSK Cargo, and is also active in road and water transport.
This article first appeared on www.railwaygazette.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2018 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.