Trains ordered for Busan metro Line 1
CRRC to supply Noida metro trains
Jakarta – Bandung DBOM concession agreed
Myanma Railways orders Indian locomotives
DBK-Leasing completes Ijara wagon deal
Bangkok railway engineering education agreement signed
Singapore sovereign wealth fund takes stake in Railpool
Bangkok monorail lines approved
Contactless ticketing to be tested in Singapore
EKZ has started manufacturing onboard transformers for the Prima electric locomotives for Kazakhstan’s national railway company KTZ.
The onboard transformers are being manufactured at the EKZ factory in Astana, Kazakhstan. Employing around 100 staff at full capacity, the site is expected to produce around 300 transformers annually. EKZ is a joint venture (JV) between Alstom and Transmashholding.
Alstom Western and Central Asia Cluster managing director Bernard Peille said: “Start of the new production demonstrates a solid and long-term partnership with Kazakhstan.
“We are proud to be contributing to Kazakhstan’s machinery-building industry through localisation of technology and production, the creation of new working places and training for the local personnel.”
“We are proud to be contributing to Kazakhstan’s machinery-building industry through localisation of technology and production.”
The company is also working to bolster the capacity of the EKZ factory in Astana to enable production and exportation of locomotives globally, starting with neighbouring countries.
In Kazakhstan, Alstom operates through two JVs at separate facilities. The EKZ site in Astana is used for locomotive manufacturing and maintenance, while the KazElectroPrivod JV in Almaty produces point machines.
Alstom holds a 75% stake in the EKZ JV, while the remaining 25% stake is with Transmashholding.
Last month, Alstom opened Africa’s largest train manufacturing facility in Dunnottar, South Africa.
The 53,000m² site will manufacture 580 six-car X’Trapolis Mega commuter trains over the next ten years for the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA).
The post EKZ starts production of onboard transformers for electric locomotives appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2020 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.