Lund – Malmö quadruple tracking contract
Prime Minister inaugurates Napoli Afragola station
ÖBB starts Pyhrnstrecke station upgrading
Weekly LCL service widens appeal of China-Europe rail route
Siemens to buy planning software company HaCon
Hupac orders eight multisystem locomotives
Montecargo privatisation cancelled
IONX and Ermewa agree telematics partnership
High-value chemicals travel from China to Europe by rail
DB Regio selected for Rhein-Neckar operating contract
The Greenbrier Companies and Astra Rail Management announced on May 18 that they had obtained the regulatory approvals needed to complete a merger of their European activities to create the ‘largest end-to-end, Europe-based freight railcar business’.
Plans for the merger had been announced on October 13, and the transaction is expected to be completed on June 1. Greenbrier would have a 75% stake in Greenbrier-Astra Rail, with Astra Rail’s owner Thomas Manns holding the remaining 25% and chairing the supervisory board.
Greenbrier-Astra Rail would have its headquarters in the Netherlands and include all the European operations of the two companies, which have almost 4 000 employees. Greenbrier has three manufacturing and repair facilities in Poland including the Wagon Świdnica plant, and a sales office in Germany. Astra has facilities at Arad, Severin and Caracal in Romania and undertakes design work in Slovakia.
This article first appeared on www.railwaygazette.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2018 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.