806, seen at Mile End diesel depot (Adelaide) in June 1986, was one of ten 800 class broad gauge shunters built by English Electric (in Brisbane) for the South Australian Railways, all of which saw 30 plus years of service.
806 entered service in March 1957 and was withdrawn in November 1987.
Remarkably in 1988 it re-entered service and was renumbered 809 after receiving the engine from that unit and subsequently saw another three years in service before withdrawal in May 1991.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.