Two of BHP's fleet of seven G12B export model 3'6" gauge locos, DE03/DE07, haul a load of iron ore from Iron Baron mine to the company's Whyalla Steelworks on 22 August 1989.
Powered at the time with a 567C engine rated @ 1310hp, most were substantially rebuilt in 1993 with 645E engines rated @ 1500hp. DE03 was renumbered 1302 after rebuilding and is still active on the Whyalla narrow gauge network.
The ore in this image is destined for the steel making process at Whyalla, but these days most of the railborne ore goes for export while the Steelworks is supplied by a slurry pipeline.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.