As a regular commuter on the Grange line I have noticed that the train has been persistently running 5 minutes behind schedule due to 7 TSR's between Woodville and Grange:
1) the train will crawl at about 30 kph between Woodville park and Woodville while outer harbor trains go considerably faster.
2) the 35 kph speed between Woodville and port road has a TSR of 15 Kph around the first curve into Holden's loop.
3) the track over port road is limited to 40 Kph instead of the usual 80 kph over level crossings such as tapleys hill road.
4) the track through the golf course is limited to 50 kph instead of 80 Kph due to no safety fence!!! (an accident waiting to happen).
5) the track around the bend into Frederick road level crossing has a TSR of 20 Kph instead of the signposted 50 Kph.
6) the sharper than normal section of line curvature just after Frederick road that was resleepered in 2006 on the golf course side of the line with a noticeable jolt sees trains traversing it at 20 Kph.
7) the extremely sharp section of track over the Charles Sturt avenue level crossing with a signposted speed of 25 Kph but instead with a TSR of 10 Kph due to the sharper than normal curve.
this must be the area on the Adelaide rail network with the most TSR's due to poor upgrades and old rotted wooden sleepers that are so old that some are cracked and even split so the line needs to be resleepered with concrete sleepers, tactile grip installed on the platforms, all level crossings upgraded and a safety fence put in place with automatic gates on the golf course.
Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine about a possible grange line upgrade?