An Aussie made car OS.
My 2011 Toyota Aurion Grande (still own it 85,000km)
- Pale blue on outside is nice with tinted windows, but I must admit the interior beige is a bit bland. Black would have been nice and the newer ones have this
- The skin is an Aussie design specifically targeting the Commodore and Falcon
- Built on a Camry plan, so its reliable
- 3.5L V6 290HP (middle east they have more HP than Oz due to higher grade fuel), 6speed box is amazing and makes this bird fly and keep up/pass the american crap without trying to deafen you.
- Even pulling from 140 to 180km/hr its still pulling. I've had hard lined European car owners go wow. From 180 to 200 it starts to slow down especially after 190 when it goes to 6th gear (with 4 guys inside). Not gone past 200km/hr, but it was still smooth at 200
- 85,000km of faultless km. Only early tyre replacement.
- Toyota Dubai basically pi$$es on most other manufactures as they can actually service a car in 1-2hr and do it right. Ford, Chev, Nissan etc is 2-3 days
One down side, the tyres that came with it didn't age well on the high speed ho Dubai roads. they were noisy early. Fairly common for people like me who mostly use it for commuting to Abu Dhabi where you cruise on a straight line for 100km at 140km/hr in 50deg heat. The 2nd batch of tyres, Yoko's which are different to the supplied supplier? now closing in on same km's are much better with still low noise levels, I will know for sure after summer. My wifes Pajero tyres of similar age have gone very nosiy lately so maybe mine will be ok.
(Oz made) Toyota Taxi Camry's of same year model as my Aurion do 750,000 to 1,000,000 no issue on petrol. I was in one with 850,000km on clock and the first time it felt well used was at a speed bump with a bit more clunk than my car.