Key elements are:
* construction of a new road bridge across the Patterson River to connect the two parts of Station St. This allows the closure of the level crossing on the north bank of the river (aka Mascot Ave).
* extension of McLeod Rd (the major road heading east from Carrum) through to the Nepean Highway at the southern end of the current platforms. The current level crossing at Station St (north of the current platforms) will close.
* the current level crossing at Eel Race Rd (at the southern end of the stabling sidings) will be closed, with no close replacement. Presumably drivers will be expected to travel north along Station St to the new McLeod Rd connection - 660 metres. Expect local controversy about this.
* the current stabling sidings will be relocated to Kananook. Seven industrial properties will be purchased. Presumably, these will be the properties to the west of Wells Rd, well north of the station. This would give enough land for a large stabling depot. I would suspect that this would see the end of stabling at Frankston and allow the redevelopment of land there. And it likely means the end of any plans for extension of electrification to Baxter.
* removal of the stabling sidings allows a major redevelopment of Carrum village. I would expect shops on both side of the road tucked around the elevated rail lines.