There was an excellent history called the 'The Cooktown Railway" written by JW Knowles in 1966.
Published by ARHS (Queensland Division).
More detail from that book:
1885-11-30 Cooktown Wharf to Cooktown to Palmer Road opened
1887-06-20 Palmer Road to Sandown opened
1888-10-08 Sandown to Laura opened
1891-10-10 Laura to Laura River (including bridge) opened, but not used
1903-01-31 whole line closed
1903-09-16 line re-opened, but service operated by Cooktown Municipal Council
1904-07-01 service operated by QR again
1927-xx-xx Laura River bridge closed
1930-xx-xx Laura to Laura River closed (but a level crossing remained open until 1943-03-xx)
1957-xx-xx Cooktown to Cooktown Wharf closed
1961-12-31 whole line closed
Stations, halts etc were:
Cooktown Wharf siding
Cooktown (station number 285)
Cooktown Racecourse (421)
Two Mile Hill siding/Ballast siding/Airdrome
5 Mile 45 Chains
Police Camp (300)
Jansen (289, 1229 after QR resumed operation)
Flaggy (290, 1663)
Normanby/28 Miles 30 Chains siding/Normanby (292, 1664)
Palmer Road (286)
Sandy Creek/Battle Camp
Deighton (419, 1665)
63 Miles 14 Chains siding
(authorised extension to Palmerville)
Some station numbers changed because QR had reallocated the original numbers. Presumably these stations didn't re-open immediately when QR resumed operation. Here's where the original numbers went:
419 Kowguran opened 1913-12-20
289 Dawlish opened 1913-07-01
290 Urangan opened 1913-12-19
292 Worongary opened 1903-09-14 (all of the stations on the Nerang to Tweed Heads extension received recycled numbers. Booningba/Burleigh/West Burleigh got 47, which had been Victoria (at Victoria Tunnel on the Main Line) and was later reallocated to Jurema on the Emerald to Capella line.
On the Pialba to Urangan extension, Scarness got 36 (previously Goolman on the Fassifern Branch, which later re-opened and got 1135).
This is why you should never
reallocate identity numbers!