From the RPV Sunbury website....
With another 2 years of works to go, how much of this is done? The stabling so far I think, power upgrades ongoing but any platform extensions yet ? Im guessing most parts will be done in the next 12 months leaving The Gap road LX to round it out to 2023.
- removal of the Gap Road level crossing in Sunbury, in a partnership with the Level Crossing Removal Project
- power upgrades between Sunbury and the Metro Tunnel entrance near South Kensington station
- Platform extensions from Sunbury to Footscary.
- installation of wheelchair boarding at eight stations
- upgrades to stabling at Sunbury, Calder Park and Watergardens
- Gap Road has been brought forward to be finished 2022/23
- Currently there are four new substations under construction. Footscray, Tottenham, Albion, Calder Park. This is in addition to upgrades at existing substations at Keilor Plans, Watergardens, Holden Road, Jacksons Creek & Sunbury.
- New OLE has been installed between the Western Portal and Albion, with masts in place between Sunshine & Watergardens. Watergardens to Sunbury is just having foundations sunk, I suspect that masts will go up in the next shut down; with wires strung from Albion to Watergardens.
- Platform Extensions have been completed at Footscray, Middle Footscray, West Footscray (New Platform 1), Tottenham and Sunshine. Watergardens & Sunbury are more complicated due to track work and stabling.
- Stabling at Watergardens is under construction, nearing completion. Calder Park stage 2 is complete, with works seemingly happening on stage 3 (this is not clearly visible when travelling past) Driver facilities are also under construction. There was originally talk of Calder Park being a Light Maintenance Facility (Bio Wash, graffiti removal, etc), not sure if this is still going ahead.
- Sunbury stabling has yet to begin, due to space constraints. The entire station is being moved 50m in the UP to allow the roads to be lengthened. This being due to the heritage listed blue stone bridge abutting the down end. This will have the UP ends of the platform sitting just before the Gap Road underpass.
Signalling rooms are under construction at the Western Portal, with small 'huts' installed at West Footscray & Tottenham.
Platform humps and additional shelter is also being installed at all station to allow step free boarding to the leading car.
I suspect most work will have finish up late this year yearly next. However the majority of the $2.1B was not expected to flow until 2022 according the the 2019 budget papers. Leads me to believe that more works are yet to be announced. What that may be I'm not sure. A new Keillor Plans & Albion station would be nice.