Scope would be for this 15km long line (under ground section)
- Line branches of Suburban tracks after crossing river
- extra 2 plats at Indo
- then dive
- UG station at UQ
- UG station at West End/St Brisbane
- UG station at Albert St
- UG station at Kangaroo Point
- UG station at Teneriffe
- UG station at Balmoral
- UG station at Hamilton
- Surface on route past KS Drive to Doomben
- Duplicate Doomben line and upgrade stations. All are four platforms, but only two have two tracks and all would need some modenrisation. Probably move Hendra and Ascot off the curve to ensure all stations have straight platforms to enable future DOO operations.
- Remove two LX on Doomben line.
Project has a bit in common with the Sydney NWRL Metro project, so all up nothing less than $6B, probably closer to $8B with inflation and other scope.
- Springfield all to Indo then take the UG -> Return to city and off to Cleveland
In quieter times every 2nd train Corinda to Manly.
But yes its needed and will help Brisbane alot, but its way beyond the Qld govt ability to fund before 2035.
I'd actually merge Clayfield and Hendra stations at Alexandra Road/ Franz Roads as Clayfield is only a 700 hundred metres from EJ and platforms fo Clayfield and Hendra are barely 500m apart.
Ascot would be then moved off the curve onto the long straight parallel to Kitchener Road to enable a modern station with straight platforms
Also with a station at Hamilton then this along with the changes above to Clayfield and Hendra merger then better spaces the stations out for the area.
Doomben yard woud be streamline to just the two through platforms and this would enable the curve to Hamilton to be opened up and improve track speed.
Freighter access to Pinkemba line would be via the station platform roads with a cross over east of the station to prevent the need for a set of points on the inner track.