I have been in the Warrnambool area recently, and have taken a little of my time to Take a look at the new rail bits....
1) Sherwood Park Station is there and ready for use. More like South Kensington, but less Uglier, only 1 platform, and less Signage
2) Port Fairy Rail Goos Shed is being 'Restored' as 'Pride in Victoria's Heritage' - it's basically jsut getting a few new pieces of wood, repaired spouting and removal of the Asbestos
3) S302 is still going!
4) The Late night arrival a couple of nights ago only had 2 (Or 3) cars, and todays lunchtime arrival had 5 cars - I personally would rather travel on the late night service, as you get half a day at your origin, and have a bit of time in the evening/afternoon
5) I Don't remember seeing a freight train, but there would have been one
6) There Was A V/Locity Unit Outside Geelong Station (Around 19:48 Today )
7) I think the line needs a little bit of an overhaul. Its great for tourists, but for the travelling public, it's a tad slow. Idea: Increase the speed limit to 130 (but 115 would generally be the regularily reached speed) and make the late night and the Early Morning Services Run At The Faster Speeds (Aiming TO Reduce Travel Times By Perhaps 45 Minutes.... Would Be Nice.......
8) Perhaps a new station (Seeing as they like to build them) could be put at Allansford (Not Really Needed)
Warun Ponds / Grovedale
9) Extension of the line to
(With Those Stations And In That Phase From Warrnambool - I'm Not Too Sure About Any Others, Perhaps Heywood - If It'S On The Way )
Well, Thats All For Now,
- Station Street