Dad's experience from being a train examiner on the railways came in real handy when it came to replacing a few brake blocks on Y 133. Dad, another volunteer and I worked on the old girl. As I was the smallest, I had to get underneath to wind off the slack adjusters so as to make it easier to replace the blocks. Although the last brake block we tried to put on, no matter how far the slack adjustors were wound off or that, we had some trouble with it so we ended up putting one of the better brake blocks we took off the loco back on. Even though it has a month of so of meat left, at least it's on the outside where it's easier to get to. All in all, it was good to do some work on a loco and to get my hands dirty!