You are just opposed to doing anything about it?
So you have changed your viewpoint then? You don't require any proof of the use of Sarin on the Syrian civilians?
You are just opposed to doing anything about it?
I'm opposed to the bombing of Syria by the US etc even if 400-1,500 people have been killed by chemical weapons out of a total body count of about 80,000-110,000 from the civil war. I'm reluctant to take the side of loosely associated, devious rebels infiltrated by terrorists, who have been filmed cutting out the hearts of dead soldiers and eating them. It's not at all clear to me that the "Syrian People" want the US to start dropping bombs on them, indeed their protests suggest otherwise. My opposition does not mean that I support the use of chemical weapons, but assuming Assad did use them, I fail to see how such an act constitutes the crossing of a line in the sand when so many thousands of deaths had already occurred through small arms fire, artillery and other conventional means, as if death by conventional weapons is any better. That's more or less my position at this point in time.OK, so we are probably not too far apart in our views on this.
WTF is with everyone jumping on the "lets bomb Syria" band wagon their is NO proof that the Syrian Gov has used chems only the usual BS excuse story from the US and Co even if they have certainly it is justifiable considering the nation is been over run by foreign backed savages that....You've got proof of all those things I gather? Mind posting it? The rest of the world would be keen to see it.
- Suicide bombed mosques with religious scholars and worshipers inside
- Forced POWs to become suicide bombers
- Put swords in the hands of children and instructed them to behead people
- Sawed the heads off priests
- Impaled the head of an imam on a mosque's minaret
- Kidnapped and executed journalists, blown up television stations
- Kidnapped UN peacekeepers on three separate occasions
- Issued a fatwa calling for the justified rape of Syrian women and children as young as 14
- Whipped people on the streets and filmed it
- Bulldozed a 2,000 year old shrine to Abraham to dust and beheaded statues of Christ (in Ma'loula)
- Entered a village and exterminated over 40 Shia men, women, and children in an act of genocide while declaring on video an intention to cleanse Shia after calling for "an open bloody sectarian war to the end"
- Mutilated dead soldiers and cannibalized their heart and liver
- Executed POWs after torture on repeated and numerous occasions
- Shot a child in the face in a public execution for using Muhammad's name incorrectly
- Set off car bombs in areas packed with civilians, notably in Christian and Druze neighborhoods in Homs
- Grabbed five villagers in Ma'loula and forced them to convert to Islam or face beheading
- Called for the extermination of Alawites and Shia, and encouraged children to sing songs on video about the genocide of religious minorities
- Dismembered an Alawite child alive with a frame saw, filmed it and tortured and slaughtered civilians by the dozens in a similar manner in al-Khratta
- Shot unarmed Palestinian protesters who were against them dead
- Looted the country's artifacts and the thousands of years of human history found in its museums, disassembling its industry and sending it over the Turkish border, and taking money and aid from the same Gulf elements who are buying Syrian children for sex (rape) and forced marriage in refugee camps
Yeah bunch of peace loving secular democrats don't you think? give me the Bashar any day.
I also don't get how the Zionists bomb and Chem the Palestinians basically EVERY DAY and no one seems to gives a Fig.
OK, so we are probably not too far apart in our views on this.
However, and I thought Obama summed this up pretty well in his speech, small arms, artillery and other weapons are pretty much targeted, whereas gas is not, it kills indiscriminately and in masse. As Obama said, once someone crosses the line and uses gas, they are likely to do it again and you don't know who will be next.
So if the whole thing is about oil/gas, then how does the US benefit from this proposed action? He has said there is no intention to put American boots on the dirt in Syria, so it is pretty hard to gain control of the oil without doing so. And you don't just go in there and steal it, the most you can hope for is that your own oil companies get to control the oil.
And who do you get control from? I very much doubt any deal has been done with the rebels, as they are neither able to to guarantee control nor likely to be trusted anyway.
And if it was the main issue, then you can bet the US oil companies would have instructed their lobbyists to 'suggest' to their pet congressmen that they should vote along with Obama for direct military action.
Well, it is official now, the UN have evidence that Assad used chemical weapons.
The prosecutor in the Turkish city of Adana has issued a 132-page indictment, alleging that six men of the al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front and Ahrar ash-Sham tried to seek out chemicals with the intent to produce the nerve agent, sarin gas.
Have you heard about the video of the Syrian rebels dismembering little girls with frame-saws while they are still alive?
or cutting out and eating human organs I would post that stuff here, but I think it would unfortunately be taken down because it is not supported by the current Railpage rule set try live leak or YouTube instead.