Here is the link http//steamrail.com.au/documents/brochures/2013/2013-10-26_Maldon_Steam_Spectacular.pdf
Edited by Loco, Added Brochure
Hi Guys, a General Outline of how the day will go;Sounds very interesting, like the "good old days" in Victoria, but also a very long day. Living north of Melb as I do, it would mean a start of 0730 with a return home around midnight (just like the good old days too, but i was younger then!). Any possibility that you could sell tickets just for the branch line part of the tour? I would definitely book on that.
- K190 and R761 will depart out of Melbourne for Castlemaine.
- R761 will be left in Castlemaine Yard whilst K190 and J549 head for Maldon.
- R761 will be turned and serviced at Castlemaine during the day.
- K190 will swap with D3 639 at Maldon with the D3 and J549 double heading back to Castlemaine.
- D3 639 and R761 will then double head back to Melbourne.
- K190 & J549 will cross J515 on a special charter at Muckleford.
- There will be photostops between Castlemaine and Maldon on each leg, a mean amount of smoke will be put on for those that have tickets on the train at each photo location.
It's shaping up to be a brilliant day, 4 different Steam Locomotives on our train and the chance to see 5 Steam locos throughout the day. Doesn't get any better.
Brochure - [color=#3b5998][size=1][font=lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]http://bit.ly/1eqSrJN[/font][/size][/color]
Facebook Event Page - https://www.facebook.com/events/169909453198176/
Online Ticket Sales - http://steamrail.clicktix.com.au/
The train is due to sit at Gisborne from 10.09am until 10.33am if that helps. Should be on the West track at the platform.Thanks Loco for the timing info!