A fleet of ten 650hp shunting locomotives were built for the South Australian Railways in 1956/57 by English Electric of Rocklea, Queensland. They spent the majority of their lives based at Port Adelaide, shunting and working trip freights until withdrawal of the final member of the class in 1991. On 27 May 1987, 806 is about to enter the western end of Gillman yard with a trip freight of loaded coke hoppers.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.