Station naming deals announced
Runaway Rail Car Kicked Loose by Teen Hits New York Station
Škoda unveils its second tram for the Chinese market
Wabtec to buy Faiveley Transport for US$1·8bn
Constantine tram extension contract
Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter
Ottawa urban rail gets federal funding
UK and Italian operators order Vossloh locomotives
First Great Western and Eversholt sign Hitachi AT300 train contract
Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi invite interest in DIKKM railway
Bombardier Transportation has signed a contract with CD Cargo for the delivery of up to 50 TRAXX Multi-System (MS) locomotives.
Bombardier will initially supply ten TRAXX MS3 locomotives integrated with the Last Mile function, which enables the operator to deploy the locomotives on non-electrified track sections.
The locomotives will also be equipped with the advanced version of European Train Control System Baseline 3 to operate on different railway electrification systems.
The first ten TRAXX MS locomotives will be used for freight and passenger transportation across the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Austria and Poland.
CD Cargo is a state-owned rail operator based in the Czech Republic.
“Network Rail will collaborate with Costain for the development of the improved Meerkat warning technology.”
Songjiang Tramway has awarded a contract to Shanghai Keolis, a joint venture of Keolis and Shanghai Shentong Metro Group.
Under the five-year contract, Shanghai Keolis will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of T1 and T2 tram lines in the Songjiang District.
Shanghai Shentong Metro Group owns a 51% stake in Shanghai Keolis, while the remaining 49% is held by Keolis.
Canada Infrastructure Bank has agreed to provide a C$1.28bn ($980m) loan to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec Infra (CDPQ Infra) for the development of Réseau express métropolitain (REM) project in Montreal.
The 15-year senior-secured loan marks the completion of $6.3bn ($4.8bn) financing required for the REM project.
The REM project is expected to become operational by 2021.
Costain has secured a contract from Network Rail for the development of an advanced technological solution to reduce the number of accidents at level crossings across the UK.
Network Rail will collaborate with Costain for the development of the improved Meerkat warning technology.
Installation of the first Meerkat unit is expected to be completed by the end of 2019.
OnTrac has been awarded a five-year contract for the delivery of rail safety products.
The deal includes the delivery of eRailHub suite, which will be used to improve the efficiency of planning and delivery works on the Elizabeth line.
TfL will also make use of other suite components such as Work Package Plans and Task Briefings, Access Points and National Hazard Directory.
OnTrac is a US-based rail software and technology services provider.
The post Deals this week: Bombardier Transportation, Songjiang Tramway appeared first on Railway Technology.
This article first appeared on www.railway-technology.com
About this website
Railpage version 3.10.0.0037
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest is © 2003-2019 Interactive Omnimedia Pty Ltd.
You can syndicate our news using one of the RSS feeds.