941 was one of 37 ALCo DL500B 'World' locomotives built under licence by A E Goodwin of Sydney and delivered to the South Australian Railways between 1955 and 1967. Originally all were in broad gauge (1600mm) use, though in the 1980s a number later gravitated to standard gauge.
941 was entered service in April 1958 and saw almost thirty years of service before being placed into storage in January 1988. It was scrapped in 1990.
Locomotives in this photo
Copyright of the photo remains with the original author.